Sunday, June 22, 2014

Walking with the Basics

But there is this one thing society has
Drilled into my head that
I can no longer part
because as a kid
I was taught
“MAN UP”
“YOU’RE A GUY
SUCK IT UP”
“BE A MAN!”

So
I buy a cage
put it all in there
lock it up
and throw the key down
the drain

I heard that researchers say
if one’s yawn is caused by another
it shows signs of empathy
wow
because I yawn five times that amount
but I suppress that shit
because that is what society taught me as a kid
In almost EVERY movie that I’ve ever seen
there’s got to be at least ONE part that is
making me blink more than usual

One day
a miracle happened
I woke up from all the society’s bull, which was like second grade
Society has given me the lost key
that I threw down the drain
but I never unlocked the cage
for I thought that I already lived the life of lies
too long
I did not want to change suddenly
and bother what others thought
because the hated motto is
others before themselves

I am a wallflower camouflaged in the front
with the mask designed with such precision
My mom said that looking at ones appearance can tell you everything
you would have to have great judging skills to judge me
so QUICK
judging my façade
but I’m used to it
so it must be all cool then

I am a soda can
unopened
with so many fucking dents
and you almost



No comments:

Post a Comment